Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day

In case you haven't noticed, I have run out of ways to blog about spelling. So I'm starting to just blog about normal life. When spelling related issues come to mind, I will try to include them - but there is really only so much that can be said about phonix.

Anyhoo - today is April 15th. So I wanted to wish you all a happy tax day. Most people don't consider April 15th a major holiday, but when I was growing up it was an even bigger day than Xmas. My dad is a CPA, so the end of his hellish work schedule always called for a major celebration. I was probably in 4th or 5th grade before I figured out that the rest of the world doesn't celebrate April 16th.

Now that I am an adult, I don't really celebrate the end of Tax Season any more. I am getting together with my parents this weekend to help them celebrate. My brother is even traveling down from Seattle to help join in the festiviaties. Even if April 16th is no longer bigger than Xmas, it is still at least as big as Thanks-jiven.

This year my parents are just having a "staycation" since the economy is so crappy. But when I was growing up April 16th often warented a trip to Disneyland or some other fabulous destination.

So if you are a CPA - congrats on survive another tax season. If you aren't a CPA, at least you hopefully got a refund in the mail from the IRS. And given todays economy, a check in the mail is a cause for celebration. So go out and buy some groceries and have yourself a feast.

No comments: